The term “Website & Apps” shall refer to arasiyaltoday.com, is owned by THAZHAI NEWS & MEDIA, with its registered office at NO: 52 Kasi Thottam, Thenparankundram, Thirupparankundram, Madurai – 625005, Tamilnadu, India.
We’ve tried to keep it simple, but if you’re not familiar with terms like cookies, IP addresses, pixel tags and browsers then please learn them before using our Website. Your privacy matters to us, so whether you are new or a long-time user, please do take the time to get to know our practices, and if you have any questions email us at [email protected]
1. Collection of Personally Identifiable Information and other Information: In general, you can browse the Website without revealing who you are or any of your personal information to us. However, when you use our Website, when it is necessary, we collect and store your personal information. Our primary goal in doing so is to provide you an efficient, smooth and customized experience. This allows us to provide services and features that most likely meet your needs, and to customize our Website to make your experience safer and easier. Where possible, we indicate which fields are required and which fields are optional, so you always have the option to not provide information by choosing not to use a particular service or feature on the Website. We may automatically track certain information about you based upon your behaviour on our Website. We use this information to do internal research on our users’ demographics, interests and behaviour to better understand in turn to serve our users effectively. This information may include the URL that you just came from (whether this URL is on our Website or not), which URL you next go to (whether this URL is on our Website or not), your computer browser information, and your IP address.
To elaborate more, we collect information about the services that you use and how you use them, this includes but not limited to:
When you are buying products from our Website, either we’ll or the payment gateway service provider will ask for personal information, like your name, email address, telephone number, credit card / debit card / bank details to store with your account. If you want to take full advantage of the services we offer, we might also ask you to create a publicly visible profile which may include your name, photo and contact details.
Device information: We collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number).
Location information: We may collect and process information about your actual location. We use various technologies to determine location, including IP address, GPS and other sensors that may, for example nearby devices, Wi-Fi access points and cell towers.
Local storage: We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser Web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
Cookies and similar technologies: We use various technologies to collect and store information and this may include using cookies or similar technologies to identify your browser or device.
If you choose to buy on the Website, we collect information about your buying behaviour. If you transact with us, we collect some additional information, such as a billing address, a credit / debit card number and a credit / debit card expiration date and/ or other payment instrument details and tracking information from cheques or money orders.
If you choose to post messages on our message boards or leave feedback, we will collect that information you provide to us. We retain this information as necessary to resolve disputes, provide customer support and troubleshoot problems as permitted by law of the land.
If you send us personal correspondence, such as emails or letters or postings on the Website, we may collect such information. While you can browse some sections of our Website without being a registered member but certain activities such as placing an order, do require a registration. We do use your contact information to send you offers based on your previous orders and your interests, however, if you don’t wish to get them, you may use the unsubscribe option.
2. Use of Demographic / Profile Data / Your Information: We use personal information to provide the services you request. We use your personal information to resolve disputes; troubleshoot problems; help promote a safe service; collect money; measure consumer interest in our products and services, inform you about online and offline offers, products, services, and updates; customize your experience; detect and protect us against error, fraud and other criminal activity; enforce our terms and conditions; and as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
In our efforts to continually improve our product and service offerings, we collect and analyse demographic and profile data about our users’ activity on our Website. We identify and use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our Website. Your IP address is also used to help identify you and to gather broad demographic information.
3. Cookies: “Cookies” are alphanumeric identifiers in which is a small piece of information stored by a Web server on a Web browser so it can be later read back from that browser. Cookies are useful for enabling the browser to remember information specific to a given user. We place both permanent and temporary cookies in your computer’s hard drive. The cookies do not contain any of your personally identifiable information. The Help menu on the menu bar of most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether. However, we suggest that you leave them turned on to add items to your shopping cart, proceed to checkout and services that require you to sign in. If you do leave cookies turned on, be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer
4. Sharing of personal information: We may share personal information with our other corporate entities and affiliates to help detect and prevent identity theft, fraud and other potentially illegal acts; correlate related or multiple accounts to prevent abuse of our services; Those entities and affiliates may not market to you as a result of such sharing. Also remember that when you share information publicly, it may be listed by any search engines, so anytime, you may send a written email request to [email protected] to remove your details from our records / database, and the same will be executed within 7 business days from the time of receipt of the email. You may note that we don’t allow any phone call requests to remove your personal information from our records/database.
5. Links to Other Sites: This Webpage may contain links to other Websites operated by third parties (“Linked Sites”). Such Linked Sites may have their own privacy statements and we strongly recommend that you review those privacy statements if you visit any Linked Sites. We will not be responsible for any contents on any Linked Site or any link contained in a Link Site, or any changes or updates to such sites.
6. Choice/Opt-Out: We provide all users with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving non-essential (promotional, marketing-related) communications from us. If you want to remove your contact information from our lists and newsletters you may use the unsubscribe option.
7. Advertisements on Website & App: We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.